Land Training 2017 > Programme
The course will provide advanced scientific knowlenge on theory and applications of land remote sensing. It will be organized around five main components:
- Presentation of the Sentinel-1, -2 and -3 missions;
- Theoretical fundamentals of spaceborne optical, thermal and microwave remote sensing;
- EO land applications lectures on land use and land cover; change detection; terrain motion and critical infrastructure monitoring; hazards; forest bio-physical retrievals; multi-temporal analysis; flood and standing water monitoring; agricultural monitoring; urban mapping and environment; soil moisture and drought assessment.
- Practicals using ESA toolboxes for scientific exploitation of EO data;
- EO data processing and product demonstration for land resources monitoring.
The training course will include formal lectures by leading scientists as well as hands-on computing exercises exploiting real data for science and application.
A half-day field excursion involving in-situ and drone observations will be held during the week, followed by analysis and comparison of the collected data to satellite data at the end of the course.
The draft preliminary overview programme of the course is available below. Please click on the programme to down load the pdf.