Land Training 2017 > Home
As part of the Scientific Exploitation of Operational Missions (SEOM) programme element, the European Space Agency (ESA) organises an Advanced Land Training Course devoted to train the next generation of Earth Observation (EO) scientists to exploit data from ESA and operational EO missions (e.g. the Sentinels) for science and applications development.
Post graduate-level, PhD students, post doctoral research scientists and users from Europe and Canada interested in land remote sensing and its applications are welcome to apply to the 6-day course held at:
- Szent István University (SZIU), Hungary
- from 4 to 9 September 2017.
Participants from all other countries are also welcome to apply, subject to availability of places.
The Advanced Land Training Course aims at:
- Training the next generation of European and Canadian Principal Investigators (PIs);
- Explaining theoretical principles, processing algorithms, data products and their use in applications;
- Introducing tools and methods for the exploitation of EO sateliite data, in particular the Sentinels;
- Stimulating and supporting the exploitation of ESA EO and Third Party Mission data for land remote sensing science and applications.